Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Taken from the Backwoods Home magazine.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cherries, fresh and pitted
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and minced
- 2⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered clove
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup sugar
- Pour vinegar into a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Add all other ingredients.
- Reduce heat to med-low and boil slowly for 45 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for 1 to 2 hours.
- Place in a sealed container and refrigerate.