Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
For those who like cosmopolitan martinis, you know that there are good ones and there are perfect ones. This is the perfect cosmopolitan martini and much easier on your budget.
- 3 fluid ounces citrus-infused vodka (Jigger)
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce triple sec
- 2 fluid ounces cranberry juice
- 1 slice lime
- Pour jigger of vodka in shaker.
- Put splash (just a quick splash) of triple sec.
- Pour in cranberry juice.
- The real stuff is so much better than the cocktail.
- Fill shaker with ice.
- Shake until mixed and chilled.
- Take chilled martini glass (if you have them,it is not necessary and twist lime into bottom of it, squeezing in the lime juice and put twist in glass.
- Pour contents of shaker into glass. Color should be a dark pink to red, depending on taste.
Unfortunately, using Triple Sec brings this drink down. Cointreau makes the perfect drink.
I made this for a friend who is a "Cosmo Snob" when she came over for dinner. She LOVED it, as did my Dad and me! The other recipes I have tried have lime juice instead of citrus vodka and the drink seemed too "limey". This was perfect with Absolut Citron vodka and 1/4 oz triple sec.
Yum, Yum!! Have to admit, I used a bit less Vodka than called for, but it was really good!!