Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
OK you won't get all the alcohol of a true drink but give this a try. I made this with some added goodness from my garden but you can omit the bee balm. I got the idea to make this after I made my Cranberry Bee Balm Jelly http://www.food.com/recipe/cranberry-bee-balm-jelly-460975 You can do more or less with each juice but be sure to equal 4 1/2 cups of all the juices Including the vodka.. This would be great to use to dip the rim of the glass into the heated jelly and then into sugar for an exceptional Cosmo. Or on toast, spread on a wrap filled with chicken or pork.
- 1⁄2 cup fresh picked bergamot petals, Bee balm, Wild Oswego Tea, Horsemint, Monarda (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup vodka, go ahead and use a flavored vodka of choice
- 1 cup fresh orange juice that would be 2-3 oranges for the triple sec, cointreau, Grand Marnier
- 1 cup fresh lime juice juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice, not low calorie
- 6 slices orange zest
- 1 3⁄4 ounces dry pectin
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- If using the optional bee balm place in a jar and top with the vodka. Let sit overnight up to a week. Strain and set aside.
- Pour the juices, (not the vodka) into a heavy bottom pot. Whisk in the pectin to dissolve. Bring to a full rolling boil.over medium high heat, stirring frequently.
- Stir in sugar stir to dissolve, add the infused vodka or flavored vodka and return to a full rolling boil and boil hard for 1 minute.
- Skim foam. You can add 1 teaspoon butter when cooking the juices to a roiling boil before the sugar to reduce foam .
- Place one orange zest in each jar.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars leaving 1/4 inch head space. Process in a boiling water bath 5 minutes. Remove jars and cool without moving in a draft free place. Label and store out of direct sunlight.