Prep 6 hrs
Cook 0 mins
The holidays are quickly approaching! Prep time includes time to chill, Baby, chill! From Gourmet Magazine
- 1 1⁄4 cups Cointreau liqueur or 1 1⁄4 cups Grand Marnier
- 1 1⁄4 cups cranberry juice cocktail
- 10 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 4 cups chilled champagne or 4 cups other sparkling wine
- Stir together Cointreau, juices, and sugar and chill, covered, 2 to 6 hours.
- Just before serving, divide among 10 Champagne flutes and top off with Champagne.
Great recipe Bev! I made this to serve at a formal cocktail party that we were hosting. It was easy to make a large batch of the juices and be ready for the party. We found that we liked the drink with more champagne and less juice mixture vs. the other way around. I would just suggest people play with it and find just the right "mix" for them. It tastes very much like a cosmo with some fizz. Yum!
I've been hanging onto this recipe for far too long and finally got the occasion to make it: a dreary, cold, snowy day in APRIL! We're fans of regular Cosmos so this was a nice, refreshing twist.I omitted the sugar because we like the tartness of the ingredients. Otherwise, followed recipe. It almost felt like Spring outside; a definite keeper. :)
A delightful, refreshing drink that we enjoyed on NY Eve. I used Asti Spumante and loved the tiny bits of lime from the fresh lime juice - a keeper!