Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
I made these funky little corn cups for a community get-together last Saturday night, and they were one of the most popular snacks there, not a single one was left to take home. A good appetizer for veggies/vegans.
- 10 6-inch corn tortillas
- vegetable oil (for brushing the tortillas)
Sizzlin Hot Salsa
- 2 ripe mangoes
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown rice syrup
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Using a cookie or biscuit cutter, cut the tortillas into 2-inch circles.
- Brush both sides of each circle with vegetable oil and press the circles into miniature muffin tins.
- Bake the tortilla circles for six minutes or until they are crisp.
- Let cool.
- Peel the mangoes and dice them into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Combine the mangoes with the remaining ingredients and stir gently.
- Add additional lime juice, brown rice syrup, or salt, if needed.
- Place a heaping teaspoon of salsa into each corn cup.
This was easy to make and good to eat. The mango in the salsa added a nice flavor. Thanks for sharing. -Buddha-