Prep 20 mins
Cook 7 mins
An attractive way to serve a salad, you can change the ingredients to your taste to put in the leaves
- 12 leaves cos lettuce, preferably from the heart
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 4 plum tomatoes, dices
- 40 g alfalfa sprouts
- 3 eggs, hardboiled roughly chopped
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill (optional)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Arrange the salad leaves on a large platter with the edges facing up so that they look like boats.
- Combine the avocados, tomatoes, and sprouts in a bowl, then fill each of the salad leaves with this mixture.
- Sprinkle each one with some chopped egg.
- Whisk all the salad dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Check and adjust the seasoning to taste, then spoon over salad and serve at once.
A nice light salad for lunch we had today! I didn't have cos lettuce, so used iceberg. Thank you Latchy! I hope you are getting well! :)