1/1 Photo of Cory's Spicy Dirty Rice
Jen Jen 18's Note:
Delicious Louisiana inspired combination of rice, peppers, onion, celery, and your favorite andouille sausage. Spice it up to your liking!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 green peppers (or half of each) or 1 red pepper (or half of each)
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 large onion
- andouille sausage
- 2-3 garlic cloves (2 tsp minced)
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 354.88-473.18 ml brown rice (Family style boil-in bag works great) or 354.88-473.18 ml white rice (Family style boil-in bag works great)
- hot sauce (1-2 teaspoons)
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper (1/2 tsp or to your liking)
- 11) Finely chop green pepper, onion, and celery and set aside. You want the pieces to be similar in size to cook evenly.
- 22) Begin cooking rice (per directions on box or bag).
- 33) Preheat a large skillet or large pot with olive oil over medium heat.
- 43) Slice andouille sausage into 0.5 -1 inch pieces.
- 54) Place sausage into pot and cook for 4-5 minutes season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- 65) Add garlic and other vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 76) Place chicken stock into pot and bring to a boil. Stir in cayenne pepper. Reduce heat by half and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until vegetables are tender and stock has reduced by half.
- 87) Combine cooked rice into skillet or pot and add hot sauce. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes to combine all flavors.
- 98) You can serve this with salad or bread. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cory's Spicy Dirty Rice
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 355.0
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 3.6 mg
- Sodium 186.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 9.3 g