Recipe by Jen Jen 18
Delicious Louisiana inspired combination of rice, peppers, onion, celery, and your favorite andouille sausage. Spice it up to your liking!
Top Review by swhittin
This was easy and good. I made it along with a salad. I used my dressing - - Light Salad Dressing (Fit Back into your Skinny Jeans) Recipe # 371856 and the meal was a success. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 green peppers (or half of each) or 1 red pepper (or half of each)
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 large onion
- andouille sausage
- 2-3 garlic cloves (2 tsp minced)
- 473.18 ml chicken stock
- 354.88-473.18 ml brown rice (Family style boil-in bag works great) or 354.88-473.18 ml white rice (Family style boil-in bag works great)
- hot sauce (1-2 teaspoons)
- black pepper
- cayenne pepper (1/2 tsp or to your liking)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1) Finely chop green pepper, onion, and celery and set aside. You want the pieces to be similar in size to cook evenly.
- 2) Begin cooking rice (per directions on box or bag).
- 3) Preheat a large skillet or large pot with olive oil over medium heat.
- 3) Slice andouille sausage into 0.5 -1 inch pieces.
- 4) Place sausage into pot and cook for 4-5 minutes season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- 5) Add garlic and other vegetables and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- 6) Place chicken stock into pot and bring to a boil. Stir in cayenne pepper. Reduce heat by half and let simmer for 10-15 minutes until vegetables are tender and stock has reduced by half.
- 7) Combine cooked rice into skillet or pot and add hot sauce. Let simmer for 2-3 minutes to combine all flavors.
- 8) You can serve this with salad or bread. Enjoy!