Recipe by Brookelynne26
The French Slow Cooker
Top Review by chefwannabe #3
Marvelous recipe. I just held the red peppers until the last half hour of cooking time and added some kalamata olives at the same time. I also made the sauce with a roux instead of the cornstarch. Just a personal preference. Delicious!
- 1814.36 g bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced roasted red pepper, strips
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml cornstarch, blended with 2 tablespoons cool water
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the tomatoes, a bit of their oil, the peppers, rosemary, and broth. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter with a slotted spoon. Pour the remaining liquid into a saucepan and skim off fat from the surface. Bring the juices to a boil over high heat. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Taste for seasoning, stir in the basil, and pour the sauce over the chicken.