Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 hrs
The French Slow Cooker
- 1814.36 g bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 118.29 ml chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 118.29 ml thinly sliced roasted red pepper, strips
- 14.79 ml chopped fresh rosemary
- 118.29 ml chicken broth
- 14.79 ml cornstarch, blended with 2 tablespoons cool water
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh basil
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the tomatoes, a bit of their oil, the peppers, rosemary, and broth. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter with a slotted spoon. Pour the remaining liquid into a saucepan and skim off fat from the surface. Bring the juices to a boil over high heat. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Taste for seasoning, stir in the basil, and pour the sauce over the chicken.
Marvelous recipe. I just held the red peppers until the last half hour of cooking time and added some kalamata olives at the same time. I also made the sauce with a roux instead of the cornstarch. Just a personal preference. Delicious!