Recipe by Brookelynne26
The French Slow Cooker
Top Review by chefwannabe #3
Marvelous recipe. I just held the red peppers until the last half hour of cooking time and added some kalamata olives at the same time. I also made the sauce with a roux instead of the cornstarch. Just a personal preference. Delicious!
- 4 lbs bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced roasted red pepper, strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, blended with 2 tablespoons cool water
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker and sprinkle with garlic, salt, and pepper. Add the tomatoes, a bit of their oil, the peppers, rosemary, and broth. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, or until cooked through.
- Remove the chicken and vegetables to a platter with a slotted spoon. Pour the remaining liquid into a saucepan and skim off fat from the surface. Bring the juices to a boil over high heat. Stir in the cornstarch mixture and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened. Taste for seasoning, stir in the basil, and pour the sauce over the chicken.