- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 lbs stewing beef, 2 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 spring rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups large macaroni
- 2⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown beef and then transfer to plate. Add sliced onions to pan and cook until browned, add garlic and beef to onions.
- Stir in the passata, cinamon, rosemary and bay leaf and season with salt and pepper. Cook gently for 30 minutes stirring often. Add enough water to cover along with broth. Bring to boil, cover and simmer gently for 3 hours until meat is very tender.
- Cook macaroni. Serve with meat and sauce.