Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I found this on the back of a curry paste jar. Sounded nice and easy so thought I'd post it here.
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon mild curry paste
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 80 ml red wine
- 1 tablespoon mango and ginger chutney, plus
- extra mango and ginger chutney, to serve
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 60 ml water
- 300 g egg mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped,plus
- extra coriander, to serve
- 100 ml thickened cream
- 1 kg chicken meat, cooked and shredded
- lettuce, to serve
- 2 tablespoons almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Cook onion for 1-2 minutes or until soft.
- Add curry paste and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, wine, mango and ginger chutney, lemon juice and water, and cook stirring for 5 minutes.
- Allow to cool then process in a food processor with mayonnaise, coriander and cream until combined.
- Combine chicken and sauce in a bowl.
- Place lettuce on plates and spoon chicken mixture into lettuce.
- Top with extra coriander and nuts.