2 hrs 20 mins
1 hr 20 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dark raisin
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine, warmed
- 7 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup raw wild rice, rinsed and picked
- 1 cup raw jasmine rice
- 1 1/2 cups fresh ripe pineapple, coarsely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups chicken, cooked -- coarsely chopped
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1This recipe was created by royal chefs to celebrate the coronation of Queen Elizabeth II.
- 2In a small non-reactive bowl, combine raisins and sherry to soak.
- 3In a large Dutch oven, bring 6 cups of water to a rolling boil over medium-high heat and add 1 teaspoon salt. Add the wild rice and gently boil about 50 minutes or until grains are tender and split open to reveal their white cores.
- 4Drain and let cool to room temperature. While the wild rice is cooking, combine the wild rice with 1 1/2 cups cold water and 1/2 a teaspoon salt in a medium sauce pan.
- 5Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir well.
- 6Cover tightly, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes undisturbed.
- 7remove from heat and let stand 10 minutes.
- 8Uncover and fluff gently with a fork; set aside to cool to room temperature. In a large non-reactive bowl, combine raisins and their soaking liquid, red peppers and chicken.
- 9Add the cooled rices and most of the scallions, reserving a handful for garnish.
- 10Toss well.
- 11Add the Dressing and toss again.
- 12Cover and chill until serving time. Sprinkle with remaining scallions and serve chilled or cool.
- 13Curried Yogurt Dressing: Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive bowl and whisk until fairly smooth and well combined.
- 14Cover and chill until needed.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coronation Chicken Salad
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.9
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 5.6 mg
- Sodium 599.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 2.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: