1/1 Photo of Coronation Chicken - Deli Style but Cheaper!
This is a recipe for coronation chicken which i adapted from foodcheats.com, i made it my own by making some modifications but this great website gave me the ideas. This version comes extremely close to the deli style coronation chicken that you can get in most cafes in the UK. I make this recipe with a Jamie Oliver style hand and just chuck everything into the pan but food.com won't let me do that with the ingredients so please feel free to vary the quantities if you want something sharper, milder, sweeter, tangier etc...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the chicken in an oven on gas mark 3 for about 30 mins in a covered roasting tin or cover with foil. This keeps them nice and moist and doesn’t dry the chicken out. Let cool down once cooked.
- 2Gently fry chopped onion in butter until very soft (about 10-15 mins).
- 3Stir in the curry powder and cook on a low flame, occasionally stirring for a further 5 minutes, coating the onion with curry powder and bringing out the full flavour. This is to take the rawness away from the curry powder. Let the mixture cool down.
- 4When onion mixture is cool, add the mango chutney, apricot jam, yogurt, tomato puree, raisins and lemon juice, mayonnaise and mix.
- 5Roughly chop the chicken up into bite size pieces.
- 6Throw chicken into mixture and coat thoroughly.
- 7Enjoy with jacket potatoes or in a sandwich or just on it’s own with good old salad!
Browse Our Top European Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Coronation Chicken - Deli Style but Cheaper!
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 153.5
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.2 mg
- Sodium 102.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 10.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: