Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From Simply Simpatico Junior League of Albuquerque Cookbook. Haven't tried this yet but posting for safekeeping.
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 8 ounces green chilies, chopped (canned)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and pepper (to taste with other herbs as desired)
- Saute onion in butter until golden. Remove from heat and stir in cooked rice, sour cream, cottage cheese. Season to taste. Layer half of this into three quart baking dish. Add half the chilies and sprinkle with half the cheese.
- Repeat layers ending with cheese.
- Bake at 375 degrees for half hour.
Wow - talk about a totally different side dish but we liked it! Very easy to prepare and right down my alley with no special or weird ingredients. Made for PAC Spring '09 but will be making this again and again. Thanks Vicki for a really great recipe!