Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I saw Rachael Ray make this on one of her episodes of 30 minute meals and couldn't resist it.... It looks so good and would be wonderful with some of those fresh veggies from the garden.
- 6 ears fresh corn
- 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 (8 ounce) bags Baby Spinach, 4 generous handfuls chopped
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a tall pot with 2 to 3 inches of water. Bring to a boil.
- Add corn ears, cover pot reduce to simmer and cook 3 to 5 minutes depending on sweetness of corn and how crisp you like it.
- Remove and let cool enough to handle.
- Scrape corn from cobs by running knife along cob and balancing the corn upright on fat end of cob.
- In a bowl combine the zest of 1 lime, the juice of 2 limes and the hot sauce.
- Whisk in extra-virgin olive oil, and add the spinach, onions, bell pepper and corn.
- Toss the salad to combine and season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Oh Corny Salad, how do I love thee...let me count the ways! YUM!!! The tangy dressing was spectacular. So many different flavors in one bite...tangy, sweet, spicy. I made a single serving, so I estimated the amounts, but everything turned out perfectly.
This salad is terrific! Flavorful, colorful, and a great dish to serve for a summer bbq. I halved the recipe; I don't care for onions so left it out and used extra red bell pepper. I added a small squirt of honey to cut the tanginess of the dressing a bit and it was great with the spicy hot sauce. Really loved this beautiful salad - thanks for sharing the recipe!
I scaled this down for 1 person and used raw corn(Peaches and Cream-straight from the cornfield). Yum, the lime and hot sauce really made this tasty! Thanks!