Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom has been making this for years and the whole family prefers it to regular mac & cheese.
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 cup elbow macaroni (uncooked)
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese (I USE MORE!!)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium size baking dish, combine the 2 cans of corn.
- add the macaroni(uncooked) and the velveeta.
- stir until mixed well.
- dot the top of the casserole with the butter and salt and pepper to taste.
- bake for approximately 1 hour at 350f.
This got mixed reviews at my home. I liked it but liked it better cold but the rest of the family ate it but said not to make it again. I followed the recipe as written other then I used two cups of cheese as one didn't seem like enough. This made a lot. We love mac and cheese and plain corn but my family just didn't care for it together.
This is very good, I love mac and cheese and corn and hadn't ever thought of putting them together. I didn't have velveeta so I used ALOT of kraft singles and also a couple handfuls of cheddar went in, I like spice so i added some onion powder, hot sauce and some dijon mustard into it and topped with buttered bread crumbs. Thanks for the great idea!
This was good but it just didn't WOW me-sorry. Thought it would be a nice way to sneak in a veggy but nobody was impressed. Give it a try and see because it is probably just our tastes. Thanks for posting.