1 hr 30 mins
From Taste of Home Magazine. This dish is a nice change from regular ole mashed taters.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves).
- 2Brush with oil.
- 3Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- 4Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened.
- 5Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- 6Cut top off garlic head, leaving the root end intact.
- 7Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl; set aside.
- 8Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- 9Bring to a boil.
- 10Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 11Drain and add to garlic.
- 12Add the butter, sour cream, milk and parsley; mash.
- 13Add the onions, corn, salt and pepper; mix well.
- 14Spoon into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- 15Sprinkle with the cheese.
- 16Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- 17**Total cook time does not include letting the garlic cool for 10-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Corny Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (326 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 431.3
- Calories from Fat 223
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.4 g
- Cholesterol 58.5 mg
- Sodium 332.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 10.1 g