Recipe by Juenessa
From Taste of Home Magazine. This dish is a nice change from regular ole mashed taters.
Top Review by jkoch960
We absolutely loved this dish! The corn was a very tasty addition to mashed potatoes and the garlic and cheese made it scrumptious! This is definitely a keeper at our house! Thanks for sharing!
- 1 whole head of garlic
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 8 medium red potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 118.29 ml butter, cubed
- 236.59 ml sour cream
- 29.58 ml milk
- 14.79 ml minced fresh parsley
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 311.84 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- salt and pepper
- 236.59 ml shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove papery outer skin from garlic (do not peel or separate cloves).
- Brush with oil.
- Wrap in heavy-duty foil.
- Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut top off garlic head, leaving the root end intact.
- Squeeze softened garlic into a large bowl; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and add to garlic.
- Add the butter, sour cream, milk and parsley; mash.
- Add the onions, corn, salt and pepper; mix well.
- Spoon into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until heated through.
- **Total cook time does not include letting the garlic cool for 10-15 minutes.