Recipe by out of here
This recipe came out of a Jeremiah Junction Cross-stitch magazine. It is a very good fritter. I could make one recipe book just full of corn recipe--I LOVE corn.
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon double-acting baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can creamed corn
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- oil, for deep fryer
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except whole kernel corn.
- Mix well until moistened; stir in drained whole kernel corn.
- Deep fry at 350 degrees.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls into oil and fry 3 minutes, until golden.
- Drain on paper towels, then roll in sugar.
- Serve warm.