Recipe by Boise_girl
Cornbread with canned or frozen corn with jalapenos or diced green chilies... Your choice. Cooked cornbread freezes well. Great for OAM cooking.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 12 ounces corn
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1 (4 ounce) candiced jalapenos or 1 (4 ounce) can green peppers
- 2 -4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil or 1⁄4 cup Crisco, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Collect all ingredients.
- Drain your peppers and corn, set aside. If using frozen, thaw. Eggs should be at room temperature.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- In a separate small bowl, beat together eggs, milk, and oil or Crisco until frothy.
- Add the small bowl's wet ingredients to the medium sized bowl's dry ingredients until mixed together. (Do not over mix, it will be slightly lumpy).
- Pour into a 8x8 or 9x9 inch greased pan.
- Bake at 425' oven for 20 - 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 8 - 9 smaller servings.
- *options are baking in a cast iron corn bread mold, cupcake tin (similar time) or bundt pan (add time).