Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a easy, yummy taco. Start to finish in 25 minutes. Recipe comes from Better Homes & Gardens.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 dash onion powder
- 1 dash ground red pepper (optional)
- 5 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut into thin bite size strips
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup loose-pack frozen whole kernel corn
- 4 taco shells
- 1⁄2 cup shredded lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄4 cup shredded low-fat cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl stir together the chili powder, salt, cumin, onion powder, and, if desired, red pepper; Add the chicken; toss to coat.
- In a large nonstick skillet heat oil over medium-high heat; add chicken to skillet; Cook and stir for 2 to 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink; Stir in corn, heat through.
- Meanwhile, warm the taco shells according package directions, or how you prefer; fill the shells with chicken mixture; top with lettuce, tomato and cheese, Enjoy.
These were delicous! My DH scarfed them down, and they went terrificly with my homemade Jalapeno Green Sauce. Will definately make again!