Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
A wonderful meal for the whole family. Fantastic for a winter's night. My family drools with anticipation when I tell them that they are having this dish for tea. Thanks to my friend Rhonda for this wonderful recipe.
- 250 g frozen chopped spinach, leaves
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 30 g butter
- 250 g ground chicken
- 130 g corn kernels, drained
- 2 tablespoons dried breadcrumbs
- 130 g diced red capsicums, drained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 120 g instant cannelloni tubes
- 250 ml spaghetti sauce
- 140 g cream cheese spread
- Gently cook spinach, onion and butter in a small pan for 10 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Put mince into pan and cook, stirring for 3 minutes.
- Mix into spinach with corn, capsicum, breadcrumbs, and eggs.
- Turn oven to 180°C; spoon mixture into shells.
- Spread 1/4 of cup spaghetti sauce in a shallow casserole dish.
- Arrange shells in dish.
- Pour remaining sauce over and dot with cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes, take out, leave for 5 minutes then serve.
A bit too bland for my taste.