Recipe by MizzNezz
If you like cornbread, try this. This is so easy to make, and we can't keep it around. It is gone within the hour!
- 1 cup cornmeal, plus
- 2 teaspoons cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 3⁄4 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle the 2 t corn meal in greased 8in loaf pan.
- Mix flour, with next 6 ingredients, and the 1 cup cornmeal.
- Beat eggs, buttermilk, and oil.
- Add to flour mixture, don't overmix.
- Fold in cheese; pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 350* for 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.