Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are great for a children's Thanksgiving feast--and the children can help make them! They will satisfy your salty-sweet craving. To retain their crunchiness, assemble them the same day that you plan on serving them. *Please adapt measurements to suit how many you want to serve.
- 4 cups Bugles original flavor snacks
- 2 cups Trix cereal
- 16 ounces white icing
- Slightly over-stuff each Bugle with white icing.
- Place various colors of Trix cereal on icing. (I try to use enough cereal to cover most of the icing).
- The result should look like a miniature cornucopia of fruit! :).
- Make a bunch, because they will disappear quickly!
This is a great recipe. However, we use reduced fat peanut butter to keep the calorie count/sugar down.
I had saved this recipe for a long time in my cookbook, but I always forgot about it, but not this year. My PreK kids made this for Thanksgiving. It was easy to do and the kids had a blast making and eating these. Thanks for a cute idea.
Made these just to see how they would go, & believe me, THEY WENT! Sent most of them off to work with my other half & co-workers devoured them in no time! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick-A-Chef]