1/1 Photo of Cornucopia Salad
3 hrs 28 mins
3 hrs 20 mins
I saw this on Paula's Home Cooking. I've not made it yet. May try for this weekend. Please let me know what you think! (sounds really odd.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, washed,patted dry,and torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup frozen green pea, thawed,uncooked
- 2 (16 ounce) cans sliced water chestnuts
- 3 bananas, sliced,tossed with
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans or 3/4 cup walnuts or 3/4 cup salted peanuts
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped green onion, green part only
- 10 -12 slices bacon, cooked until crisp,chopped
- 1In a large rectangular dish, layer salad ingredients in the order listed, stopping after the nuts.
- 2Mix dressing ingredients and let stand for 5 minutes.
- 3Spread dressing over entire top of salad, covering it completely.
- 4Sprinkle cheese, green onions, and bacon over salad.
- 5Refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornucopia Salad
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 597.3
- Calories from Fat 329
- Total Fat 36.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.9 mg
- Sodium 643.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 10.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: