Recipe by Debbwl
The name of this salad says it all. With some fresh hot bread this salad could be a meal in its self.
Top Review by Susie D
5 star applause from here. I served this (without chicken) on Christmas day alongside a roasted turkey dinner. It's not only a pretty salad, but soooooooooooooo good! It's loaded with goodness and filled the menu beautifully. Definitely company worthy!
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 head green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, can, drained
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 apples or 1 pear, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, candied
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 ounces chicken, shredded (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix salt, pepper, olive oil, parsley, rice vinegar and sugar. Set aside.
- Place in large bowl romaine lettuce, green leaf lettuce, celary, onions, oranges, avocado, apple or pear, cranberries, almonds, blue cheese, and if using chicken.
- Toss dressing and salad together and enjoy.