Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
The name of this salad says it all. With some fresh hot bread this salad could be a meal in its self.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1⁄2 head green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 11 ounces mandarin oranges, can, drained
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 apples or 1 pear, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup almonds, candied
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 ounces chicken, shredded (optional)
- Mix salt, pepper, olive oil, parsley, rice vinegar and sugar. Set aside.
- Place in large bowl romaine lettuce, green leaf lettuce, celary, onions, oranges, avocado, apple or pear, cranberries, almonds, blue cheese, and if using chicken.
- Toss dressing and salad together and enjoy.
5 star applause from here. I served this (without chicken) on Christmas day alongside a roasted turkey dinner. It's not only a pretty salad, but soooooooooooooo good! It's loaded with goodness and filled the menu beautifully. Definitely company worthy!
Wow, wow, wow. I really enjoyed this tasty salad. So much flavor and the textures were amazing. It was a quick and easy to make lunch. Simply perfect. I opted to not use chicken. Made as written using arugula, baby spinach and romaine lettuce. Green onions, celery, mandarin oranges, pear, dried cranberries, fig goat cheese instead of blue cheese and salted almonds (didn't have any candied left - someone ate them on me). All these ingredients made for a wonderful treat. I really loved the dressing, tart, tangy sweet and delicious. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will make again. Made for Best of 2014.
Wonderful, delicious, and definitely a 5-star review. Made the salad as directed, but substituted a balsamic vinegar dressing. This salad has all the ingredients that we love. I served it with a vegetarian dinner tonight. It was a hit! Made for the Sweet December tag game.