Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From http://www.anncoojournal.com/2013/10/wheat-free-sponge-cake.html. I posted here to check nutritional data. Thank you the original poster for such a great recipe. I used it for my tiramisu recipe with great result. This will be my staple recipe when I need a simple sponge cake.
- Preheat oven to 180°C Grease with butter or cooking spray, 20cm/8 inch round cake pan; line base with baking paper.
- Beat eggs with 2 tsp vanilla extract at medium high speed for about 10 minutes or until thick and creamy. Gradually add sugar, beating until dissolved between additons at medium speed.
- Sieve in the cornflour little by little for the third time and fold well in with a rubber spatula.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly; bake for about 20 minutes or skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean. Turn sponge onto a wire rack to cool.
- Dust with a little sifted icing sugar and top with some fresh blueberries or any berries you like. Can also spread some jam to go with it.