Bertha C.'s Note:
This if from the cornstarch box. It takes me back to the good ol' days of seventh grade homemaking class. Very easy and a nice treat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place cornstarch, salt, and sugar in mixing bowl, and mix well.
- 2Add 1/2 cup milk, and stir until smooth.
- 3Scald 1 1/2 cups milk in top of double boiler, and add cornstarch mixture slowly, stirring constantly.
- 4Place over boiling water in bottom of double boiler, and cook slowly, stirring constantly until smooth and thickened.
- 5Cover, and cook for 15 minutes longer, stirring occasionally.
- 6Add vanilla and stir.
- 7Pour into individual molds which have been rinsed in cold water.
- 8Chill until firm.
- 9Unmold and serve with maple syrup, cream, chocolate sauce, sliced peachs, or sliced apricots as desired.
- 10Chocolate: Add 1 square unsweetened chocolate, melted, at the same time vanilla is added.
- 11Coconut: Add 1/2 cup shredded coconut to scalded milk.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornstarch Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.4
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 17.0 mg
- Sodium 133.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 4.0 g