Yolanda C.'s Note:
Lighter gravy made from cornstarch instead of flour. I use this to simmer pork chops.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons pan drippings or 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 1While meat is cooking, slice bell pepper and onion, crush or chop 1 or 2 cloves of garlic.
- 2When meat is done, remove from pan and set to the side. In the leftover drippings, add onion, green pepper and garlic, sautee until onion begins to brown.
- 3Add 2 cups of water and stir to remove browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a light boil and remove from heat.
- 4In a cup, combine 2 tbsp cornstarch and 4 tbsp water, stir until smooth. This is your slurry.
- 5Return pan to heat, add slurry and stir until well combined. Bring to boil, season to taste.
- 6Return meat to pan and cover with gravy. Simmer until meat is as tender as you like.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornstarch Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 27.4
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: