Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Lighter gravy made from cornstarch instead of flour. I use this to simmer pork chops.
Make and share this Cornstarch Gravy recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons pan drippings or 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 cups water
- 1 small onion
- 1 small green pepper
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- While meat is cooking, slice bell pepper and onion, crush or chop 1 or 2 cloves of garlic.
- When meat is done, remove from pan and set to the side. In the leftover drippings, add onion, green pepper and garlic, sautee until onion begins to brown.
- Add 2 cups of water and stir to remove browned bits from bottom of pan. Bring to a light boil and remove from heat.
- In a cup, combine 2 tbsp cornstarch and 4 tbsp water, stir until smooth. This is your slurry.
- Return pan to heat, add slurry and stir until well combined. Bring to boil, season to taste.
- Return meat to pan and cover with gravy. Simmer until meat is as tender as you like.