1/1 Photo of Cornmeal Sweet Potato Breadsticks
1 hr 30 mins
Crunchy and slightly sweet, pairing two indigenous American staples. This is based on a Cornmeal-Cayenne Grissini recipe from Gourmet magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle to yeast over the warm water in a large bowl. Let stand 5-10 minutes, until foamy.
- 2Stir in remaining ingredients.
- 3Knead 8-10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. (Compared to traditional breadstick dough, this may feel oily, and won't develop such obvious gluten strands.).
- 4Cover and let rise about an hour, until doubled in bulk.
- 5Preheat over to 350°F.
- 6Roll dough into 8-10-inch-long sticks and place on a greased baking sheet. Thinner sticks (pencil-sized) will be crunchier and have more of a caramelized taste. Thicker sticks (finger-sized) will have distinct crust and bread textures.
- 7Bake about 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Sweet Potato Breadsticks
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 173.9
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 108.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 0.6 g
- Protein 3.6 g