Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
Make and share this Cornmeal Scones recipe from Food.com.
- 1 2⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons chilled butter, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly spoon flour into measuring cups, level with a knife.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bwol; cut in butter with a pstry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Add milk and egg to cornmeal mixture; stir just until moist.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead lightly 4 times with floured hands.
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper; coat with cooking sprat.
- Pat dough into a 7-inch circle on prepared baking sheet.
- Cut dough into 8 wedges, cutting into but not through dough.
- Bake at 375 for 22 minutes or until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve warm.