Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are the perfect biscuits for biscuits and gravy (unlike most biscuits, these are toothsome and plain enough to stand up to lashings of salty, sausage-y gravy). I actually made them with the Heart Smart Bisquick. The recipe is slightly changed from bettycrocker.com.
- 1 3⁄4 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal (coarse-ground)
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- garlic salt, to taste
- Heat oven to 450ºF.
- Stir Bisquick, cornmeal, milk, and the sage and garlic salt until soft dough forms.
- Drop by 12 spoonfuls onto parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.