1/1 Photo of Cornmeal Rolls
2 hrs 18 mins
These rolls pair nicely with a hearty soup or stew. Great for OAM baking, as these rolls freeze beautifully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In saucepan, combine 1 3/4 Cup warm water, cornmeal, sugar, oil, and salt.
- 2Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils, about 10 minutes.
- 3Cool at room temperature to 120 degrees.
- 4Place in mixing bowl.
- 5Dissolve yeast in remaining warm water and add to cornmeal mixture.
- 6Add eggs and mix well.
- 7Add flour (may need additional) to make a soft dough.
- 8Turn onto floured board, knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 9Place in greased bowl, cover, and let rise for 45-60 minutes until doubled in size.
- 10Punch dough down.
- 11Shape into 24 balls.
- 12Place on greased (or parchment lined) baking sheet.
- 13Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with additional cornmeal.
- 14Let dough balls rise, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- 15Bake at 375 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 16Remove from baking sheet and serve warm.
- 17Freeze any leftover rolls in an airtight container or freezer bag.
- 18To reheat, place frozen rolls in toaster oven at 300 degrees until warmed through, about 5-8 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (59 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 131.8
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 201.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 3.5 g