Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Jamaican Classic morning cereal
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups fine yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄2 cup coconut cream
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch nutmeg, per person
- 1⁄2 cup condensed milk
- 1. Bring water to boil and add salted.
- 2. Combine cornmeal and room temp water in a bowl. (Just enough water to cover cornmeal. Stir for 2 min and pour in hot water, keep whisking until combine to a thick-like liquid, turn flames down to medium (be mindful so not to get burn, hot cornmeal tends to flare up once combined in hot mixture and boiling rapidly ) adjust water if getting too thick.
- 3. Add coconut cream.
- 4. Cover and cook on low heat for 15 minutes. ( stir occasionally while cooking )
- 5. Stir in vanilla, cinnamon, and brown sugar , cook for another 5 min.
- 6. Remove from fire and add condensed milk. Let rest for 3 min, add nutmeg then serve.