Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I've made this quite a few times, it's a really great pizza crust! We are garlic lovers so I added in 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic and 1 couple teaspoons dried basil.
- 3 teaspoons dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup warm water
- 5 cups flour (more if needed)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
Directions See How It's Made
- Fit the kneaded blade on a heavy-duty mixer.
- Proof the yeast in 1/2 cup water with 1 teaspoon sugar until foamy (about 8 minutes).
- In the stainless steel bowl place 5 cups flour, salt, sugar, oil and cornmeal.
- When the yeast is proofed, add to the bowl along with 1-1/2 cups warm water; start kneading adding in more flour as needed to create a soft smooth dough.
- After the kneading is finished, let the dough rest in the bowl for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the mixing bowl and shape in a ball.
- Place into a well greased bowl, cover and let rise in a warm place for about 45 minutes, or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough and let rest for 10 minutes before shaping (this is important, the dough must rest for 10 minutes).
- Roll out the dough into two 16-inch circles.
- Place into lightly greased pizza pans.
- Top as desired.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven until lightly golden brown (about 15-20 minutes).