Tricia Foley's Note:
This is from a cookbook I received in an exchange a while back. It's a compilation of recipes from the family's of the Aaron Parker Elementary School. Most of the recipes are very simple, that is why I like them. I am posting this so that I do not lose it. I like some of these old fashioned recipes, this sounds like it would be interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- 2Mix cornmeal and sugar together.
- 3Add to next 4 ingredients.
- 4Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until boiling and thickens.
- 5Remove from heat and pour into pie shell.
- 6Add meringue (instructions to follow).
- 7Bake for 5 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- 9Beat egg whites until frothy.
- 10Gradually beat in sugar.
- 11Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- 12Spread over pie filling.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Pie
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 356.5
- Calories from Fat 189
- Total Fat 21.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 281.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 25.2 g
- Protein 4.1 g