Recipe by Tricia Foley
This is from a cookbook I received in an exchange a while back. It's a compilation of recipes from the family's of the Aaron Parker Elementary School. Most of the recipes are very simple, that is why I like them. I am posting this so that I do not lose it. I like some of these old fashioned recipes, this sounds like it would be interesting.
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pie shell
- 2 egg whites
- 4 tablespoons sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix cornmeal and sugar together.
- Add to next 4 ingredients.
- Cook over medium heat stirring constantly until boiling and thickens.
- Remove from heat and pour into pie shell.
- Add meringue (instructions to follow).
- Bake for 5 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Gradually beat in sugar.
- Continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread over pie filling.