- 1 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons pure floral honey
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 bunch chives, snipped
- 1 1⁄2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Lightly coat a 12 cup muffin pan with oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the buttermilk, oil, honey, and egg.
- Stir in the corn, bell pepper, and chives.
- Quickly stir in the flour, cornmeal, and a pinch of salt.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown and a wooden pick comes out clean.