- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup solid shortening
- 1⁄2 cup ice water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl combine flour, cornmeal and salt.
- Whisk to combine well.
- Cut in shortening to resemble coarse crumbs and sprinkle 1 T.
- of water over the mixture.
- Toss with a fork, pushing to the sids of the bowl, repeating until all dry ingredients are moistened.
- Form the dough into 2 balls and chill for 30 minutes.
- Roll out and use as you will.