Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a delicious vegetarian one dish meal. Stir batter between each pancake to prevent polenta from settling on the bottom.
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup polenta
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 200 ml milk
- melted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 400 g canned red kidney beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 6 canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- coriander, chopped
- sour cream, to serve
- Sift flour into bowl, add polenta and stir. Make well in centre and add combined eggs and milk, stir until smooth.
- Grease non-stick pan with melted butter. Heat over medium heat. Pour in enough batter to cover base.
- Cook 1-2 minutes then turn over and cook other side. Repeat.
- Meanwhile heat oil in pan. Add cumin, coriander, cardamom, cook stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Add 1/2 of the beans and water stir to combine. Cook on medium heat 3-4 minutes.
- Mash beans with back of wooden spoon. Add the rest of the beans, mix to combine.
- Place spoonful of bean mixture in centre of each pancake. Top with avocado, sliced jalapeno and coriander.
- Fold and place on plates serve with sour cream on side.
really gross. i thought the concept sounded good but this recipe and combination of spices was really nasty.
Oh, mannnn. I didn't read the second sentence in Wendy's introduction. Stir the batter between each pancake - it settles! Other than my oversight this recipe worked well and tasted delicious. We used Greek yogurt as the topping. Very filling supper and quite easy to do.