Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Food & Wine, Nov 2008.
- 1⁄2 cup softened unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt (separated)
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- To make the cranberry butter, process the stick of butter with the cranberries, maple syrup, and 1/2 t salt until combined. Put aside.
- Whisk the flour with the cornmeal, sugar, baking power, and remaining 1 t of salt.
- Whisk in the milk, egg, and 3 T melted butter.
- Heat cast-iron skillet over moderate heat and brush with butter.
- Ladel 2 T of batter for each pancake; cook until just beginning to set, then flip, continuing to fry until cooked through.
- Serve hot with butter.