Cornmeal Pancakes With Maple-Cranberry Butter
- To make the cranberry butter, process the stick of butter with the cranberries, maple syrup, and 1/2 t salt until combined. Put aside.
- Whisk the flour with the cornmeal, sugar, baking power, and remaining 1 t of salt.
- Whisk in the milk, egg, and 3 T melted butter.
- Heat cast-iron skillet over moderate heat and brush with butter.
- Ladel 2 T of batter for each pancake; cook until just beginning to set, then flip, continuing to fry until cooked through.
- Serve hot with butter.