Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
These pancakes are so delicious! --- yield is only estimated depending on the size of pancakes.
- 1 cup flour, plus
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄3 cup yellow cornmeal
- 3 -4 tablespoons sugar (for a sweeter taste add in more sugar)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup full-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup oil (not olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- butter (for frying)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- To make the butter: in a bowl using an electric mixer beat all ingredients until fluffy, season with salt if desired.
- To make the pancakes: sift together 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl, then whisk in sour cream, milk, oil and vanilla.
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, whisking until blended.
- Heat a griddle or heavy skillet over medium heat with butter.
- Pour about 1/3-cup batter onto griddle.
- Cook until the bottoms brown (about 3-4 minutes.
- Turn over pancakes and cook till the bottom browns (about 2 minutes).
- Serve with honey-cinnamon butter.
We love it. Thanks Kitten.
These wre sooo good! they were nice and fluffy. I did add a little extra sugar to sweeten them. The Honey Cinnamon butter is awesome with these!
These were lovely, rich, and fluffy pancakes. I used Splenda for the sugar. We absolutely loved the cinnamon honey butter and I think that I might try it on toast and waffles too. Great variation on pancakes Kittencal! Thanks!