Recipe by girl#1177249
I got this recipe from a container of Dannon Light & Fit. They are surprisingly good. The recipe suggested strawberry or vanilla yogurt but I plan on experimenting with different flavors. I think peach would be really good, suggestions are always welcome :)
Top Review by **Mandy**
These were quite nice, lots of flavour and make a nice thick pikelet. I served with cream cheese. The mixture could be thinned a little I thought with some milk and it would make more. I got about 11 pikelets out of a mix. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup raisins, plumped
- 1 1⁄2 cups non-fat strawberry yogurt
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- whisk together flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, then stir in raisins, stir together yogurt, egg and oil with a fork in another bowl and stir into flour mixture until blended,.
- Heat a lightly greased large nonstick skillet or griddle over moderately low heat until hot.* It took forever for the first couple batches to cook. Since I always preheat my griddle for awhile I think it's because the batter is so cold and thick. Next time I'll leave it out until it gets closer to room temperature.
- Pour 1/4 cup measures of batter into skillet in batches.
- Cook about 3 minutes or until golden, turn and cook 1 minute more.
- Serve immediately or transfer to a baking sheet and keep warm in a 250*F oven while cooking remaining cakes.