Cormeal gives an excellent flavour to pancakes, although it makes them kinda hard to spread. Since these pancakes don't have sugar, they can be made either "sweet" or "savory" depending on what you have them with. They also taste great served hot right off the griddle!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream the cornmeal, salt, and butter together.
- 2Add the milk and enough water to make a moist but firm batter.
- 3Drop, using about 1/4 cup of batter, onto a hot greased griddle, and flatten using the back of a spoon wetted with water.
- 4This can be a tad tricky, but wetting the spoon helps a lot!
- 5When brown, turn and cook the other side.
- 6Serve hot with maple syrup, honey, or butter.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cornmeal Pancakes (Eggless)
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 118.7
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 6.6 mg
- Sodium 256.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g