Recipe by integrity1st
The healthiest pancakes your kids will LOVE. I felt somewhat guilty serving 'cake' to my kids for breakfast and found this recipe. Even my 2 year old gobbles up at least two or three of em!! I freeze the leftovers between wax paper and pop them in the toaster for quick serving.
Top Review by karencooks
Great recipe! We chose these to serve smothered in chili and cheese for dinner. I remembered having pancakes like this when I was growing up. Found this nice recipe to be just what I was looking for. Thanks for posting
- 1 1⁄3 cups cornmeal
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups buttermilk (or 2 cups of milk with 2 tbsp. vinegar in it)
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- place cornmeal, flour, salt, and baking soda in a bowl mix buttermilk and eggs (Mix milk and vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes then add eggs to mixture and stir if not using buttermilk) add wet ingredients to dry ingredients then stir in melted butter.
- pour batter on lighty greased pan or griddle.
- flip when suface bubbles appear.
- Serve with maple syrup or regular pancake sryrup.