Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
No sure where I found this recipe, but I just love it.
Make and share this Cornmeal Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt in mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, combine eggs, milk and butter.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until the lumps disappear.
- Pour batter in uniform amounts onto a hot, greased griddle.
- When cakes are full of bubbles, turn with a pancake turner and brown other side.
- Turn only once.
- (optional) If you want kick it up a notch dice up a hot pepper and add it to the batter.
I followed the recipe exactly (with the addition of some mashed banana), but ALL I could taste was all that baking soda! I thought 4 tsps was a lot, I'll try again later with less.
These were very good pancakes. Good alternative to corn muffins or bread.
I love cornmeal pancakes and these were delicious! I halved the recipe, which wound up being just right for two adults. The only change I made was to add a pinch of unrefined sugar. I'm going to try to mix these up as a dry mix with some powdered egg whites so we can take them camping!