These pancakes have a great texture, flavour and have a picture perfect presentation. The ratio of cornmeal to flour is high in these pancakes creating a nice almost crisp outside with a soft inside. Recipe created by me.
- Combine flour, baking soda and cornmeal.
- Add egg, buttermilk and vanilla.
- Stir until just mixed.
- Pour by 1/4 cup into a hot pan.
- Cook until bubbles appear, flip.
- Makes about 10 pancakes.
- I put 1 serving as one pancake.
- Note: This recipe is very versatile; If you like sweeter pancakes, add 1 tbsp of sugar; These are also good with 1 cup of blueberries, or try any other kind of fruit; Cinnamon may also be added for extra flavour.