Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very economical recipe from Taste of Home.
- 118.29 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 118.29 ml cornmeal
- 78.07 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 59.14 ml minced fresh parsley or 19.71 ml dried parsley flakes
- 177.44 ml garlic powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 2.46 ml onion powder
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 118.29 ml buttermilk
- 1360.77-1814.36 g broiler-fryer chickens, cut up and skin removed
- 14.79 ml butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag combine the first 9 ingredients.
- Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk, then add to bag, a few pieces at a time and shake to coat.
- Place in a 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375* for 10 minutes; drizzle with butter.
- Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
This was excellent! :) The chicken was so juicy, and t he coating was crisp. On the side, I made My Version of Mexican Rice, along with assorted vegies. Thank you for a great dinner!