Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Very economical recipe from Taste of Home.
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley or 4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 3⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 (3 -4 lb) broiler-fryer chickens, cut up and skin removed
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large resealable plastic bag combine the first 9 ingredients.
- Place the buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- Dip chicken in buttermilk, then add to bag, a few pieces at a time and shake to coat.
- Place in a 13-inch x 9-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375* for 10 minutes; drizzle with butter.
- Bake 30-40 minutes longer or until juices run clear.
This was excellent! :) The chicken was so juicy, and t he coating was crisp. On the side, I made Recipe #266455, along with assorted vegies. Thank you for a great dinner!