Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
This is an adopted recipe from the Great Adoption Drive Feb '05. I haven't made the recipe yet but have amended the ingredients by adding 3/4 cup milk. I will try it in the future. Please feel free to try it out first and post your reviews!
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 12 2 1/2-inch muffin cups.
- Heat oven to 425°F.
- Sift flour, baking powder, sugar and salt into medium-sized bowl.
- Add cornmeal and stir to mix well.
- In small bowl, beat eggs with fork.
- Add milk and oil.
- Add all at once to dry ingredients.
- Stir mixture only until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Batter will be lumpy.
- Drop batter from a tablespoon into the prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 1/2 to 2/3rds full.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove and serve hot with butter, bacon and eggs.