Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
My modification of a recipe from Taste of Home.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder (or to taste)
- 1 cup cream-style corn
- 1⁄2 cup Miracle Whip light
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the center and add all remaining ingredients.
- Stir just until mixed.
- Spoon into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
This is good, reminded me a little bit of miniature corn puddings, but a little denser -- maybe somewhere between traditional corn bread and corn puddings -- think it is the addition of the cream style corn. Next time I think I will omit the garlic powder though. Thanks!
Gave this 5 stars because the muffins were still moist the next day, even when I forgot to wrap them up. This is a sweet cormeal, but not too sweet and just the right amount of corn. I used some frozen corn, but otherwise kept everything the same. Thanks for sharing! Made for Fall PAC '08.